- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk or water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup finely chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup finely chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, flaxseed powder, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir in almond milk or water and vinegar.
Spoon batter into prepared doughnut pan, filling all the way to the top.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until doughnut are puffed and bounce back when touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
Tap out donuts from pan and roll in cinnamon sugar while still warm.
Melt dark chocolate in the microwave. Follow the same instruction for white chocolate.
Using a spoon, drizzle either dark or white (or both) glaze over donuts. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar. Enjoy!