- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup green beans cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed in 1/3 cup cold water
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 cups Mashed potatoes
- Paprika for garnish
Place 1/2 cup of the broth in a large pot with the onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes. Stir in sage, marjoram and soy sauce.
Add the remaining vegetable broth and the carrot, mushrooms, cauliflower, cabbage and green beans.
Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened. Season with pepper to taste. Transfer to a casserole dish.
Cover vegetable mixture with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 30 minutes until potatoes are slightly browned. Enjoy!
Thin the mashed potatoes with a little soy milk or vegetable broth if they are too stiff to spread. Put them in a bowl, add a small amount of the liquid and beat by hand and spread.