Chickpea Chana Masala comfort food for a cold winter night.
RECIPE CHANA MASALA
Plantbased and No oil Recipe
- 2 cans chickpeas,
- 1 small cauliflower,
- 1 sweet potato,
- 1/2 onion,
- 1 cup of fresh chopped spinach,
- 1 tsp chopped ginger garlic,
- 1/2 can tomato paste,
- 1/2 tsp turmeric,
- 1/2 tsp cumin,
- 1/2 tsp garam masala,
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander,
- pinch of crushed red pepper, pinch of cayenne,
- 1 bay leaf,
- 1 cinnamon stick, salt and black pepper to taste.
1. Sauté garlic, onion, cauliflower and ginger until brown
2. Add all dry spices and toast for 5 minutes until fragrant
3. Add tomato paste, sweet potato 1/4 tsp salt and 2 cups water plus cinnamon stick and bay leaf
4. Add 2 cans chickpeas plus the aquafaba water. Bring to a boil add salt, ground black pepper and top with cilantro. Enjoy with rice
Follow @jaxvegancouple on Facebook and Instagram for more recipes and health tips.