There are so many variations to the delicious cranberry sauce/chutney. Become creative use the fruits that you have like apples or pears, oranges or tangerines, lots of dates, cilantro, mint, onion. Improvise and make it more tangier or more sweeter by adding different things. Have fun with the sauce and make plenty because it will be gone pretty quick.
- 1 12-ounce package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large red or green apple peeled and diced
- 1/2 onion diced finely
- 8 medjool dates pit removed chopped
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro finely chopped
Combine all ingredients in a 2-quart heavy saucepan.
Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until cranberries burst, about 10 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl and cool, uncovered add more cilantro for garnish.