As we continue to battle COVID-19 and are still in quarantine, it is important to understand the importance of self-care. There are several different self-care techniques that will help you reduce stress, and each of them provides significant benefits. It is essential to eat healthy, get plenty of rest, exercise and use natural products on your skin and body. Listed below are 7 Selfcare Tips in our daily routine using natural beauty products by vpk by Maharishi Ayurveda, Cris’s Blends, Anact Global, Acure Beauty and Concious Coconut.
“Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure to take care of yourself.” Oprah Winfrey
Many of you have been asking about what natural, safe skin products we use daily and are excited to partner with @vpkmaharishiayurveda to bring these amazing products that we love to use daily. All of their products are Safe, Non-GMO, Organic, Natural, Soy free, Gluten free, no chemicals. Their herbals, natural skin care line, massage oils, aromatherapeutic blends, and teas are all created to do one thing: restore and maintain balance where imbalance exists. Visit their website at www.mapi.com.
Originating in India, vpk by Maharishi Ayurveda is the first and oldest ayurveda products company in the United States. Their ayurvedic formulations are based on written records dating back thousands of years, they are ancient, time-tested and effective.
Our morning routine starts with Transcendental Meditation and yoga and having the detox tea in our patio garden. In 1959, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi embarked on a global quest to revive the practice of a simple meditation technique known as Transcendental Meditation®, with the goal of helping people achieve lives free of stress and infused with inner peace. Since then, millions of people, in over 50 countries, have learned Transcendental Meditation. The importance of turning inward and relieving stress is now widely accepted around the world due to Maharishi’s efforts.
Here are the vpk by Maharishi Ayurveda crueltyfree, nontoxic skin care products we like to use that are free of harmful ingredients that can irritate the skin and can be ordered on their website https://www.mapi.com/
Natural Holistic Toothpaste that cleanses deeply to rid teeth and mouth of toxins. We use the vpk toothpaste morning and night to help nourish our teeth and gums. Does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate.
Jasmine Herbal Soap soothes our face and body it is perfect for sensitive skin. The jasmine oil base cools and nourishes the mind and emotions, while gotu kola, holy basil and peppermint help purify and protect your skin from stress and environmental toxins.
Youthful Skin Cream is perfect for sensitive skin. It is creamy without being greasy. It leaves our skin glowing and promotes collagen synthesis for a natural, youthful look!
Organic pure golden Sesame Oil is extra-light, chemical-free and cold-pressed, it’s perfect to use for massaging the body at night allowing relaxation to the deeper layers of the skin.
Organic Digest & Detox Tea is a powerful detoxifier that improves nutrient absorption, stimulates the lymphatic system and flushes the toxins.
Organic Ashwaghanda & Stress Free Supplements Calms the mind and emotions; supports clarity of mind and deeper sleep.
There are a several components to our skincare routine. We believe skin health should be a big part of our selfcare routines.
1. Brush, Floss, Clean your teeth. Did you know the average American spends about 38 days brushing teeth over their lifetime. If eyes are windows to your soul… then teeth are windows to your health. For best teeth brushing results, get a quality electric toothbrush and a Natural Holistic Toothpaste that cleanses deeply to rid teeth and mouth of toxins. We use the vpk toothpaste morning and night to help nourish our teeth and gums. Does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate. Love the mint flavor! Put a pea-sized drop of toothpaste on your brush. Hold your toothbrush at a forty-five-degree angle pointing towards your gums. Brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes, spending at least thirty seconds on each quadrant. Make sure to cover all surfaces, including the front, the back, and the top.
Flossing your teeth. Take the dental floss between your thumbs and forefingers, and gently guide it between your front teeth. Use a rubbing motion to insert it between the teeth until you get to the gumline. Curve the floss against one your tooth and gently slide it between the gum and the tooth. Rub this area gently with the floss, and continue rubbing the side of the tooth as you move the floss out. Repeat these steps on all your teeth, including the teeth at the back.
Cleaning your tongue. Even if you brush your teeth twice daily, you will not get rid of bad odor if you do not clean your tongue. You can use a toothbrush or floss as outlined above, or you can use a tongue scraper. Start at the base and make a slow back-to-front stroke. This helps remove debris. You can also coat the tongue scraper with a bit of toothpaste and use it to remove odor, debris, and bacteria from your tongue.
2. Take a hot/ cold shower. Although they’re quite unenjoyable, hot/ cold showers (where you alternate between having hot water for a minute, then cold, then hot, always ending on cold water) are really great for you health-wise. vpk’s Jasmine Herbal Soap soothes our face and body it is perfect for using in the shower and is good for sensitive skin. The jasmine oil base cools and nourishes the mind and emotions, while gotu kola, holy basil and peppermint help purify and protect your skin from stress and environmental toxins.
We have been using the Acure Shampoo and Conditioner. Made with Ashwagandha, spirulina, kale & spinach. We love the fact that their products are Paraben free, Sulfate free, Mineral oil free, Petrolatum free, Formaldehyde free, Cruelty free. Try this Energizing shampoo and conditioner for stressed hair. 100% Vegan. 0% Pretentious.Antioxidant. Adaptogenic Herbs And Mushrooms Like Ashwagandha, Holy Basil, Reishi Mushroom, And Turmeric Combine With Supergreens Spinach, Kale And Spirulina To Brighten And Re-Energize Your Hair. Visit their website for all the great vegan, cruelty free products at www.acure.com.
3. Dry brush. As we talked about with our morning routine, dry brushing can be really beneficial. To dry brush, use a natural bristled brush and brush through your body, starting with the soles of your feet. Make circular strokes towards your heart. When you get to your stomach, go clockwise (which mimics the movement of your colon). Do this for 3-5 minutes until your skin is rosy and a little tingly. If you shower afterwards, your dead skin cells will wash off.
4. Oil pull and moisturize. Many experts rave about oil pulling as a great way to pull toxic compounds out of your mouth, get whiter teeth, healthier gums, and prevent bad breath. Some people say that it even helps with cavities. How it works is that you swish with Concious Coconut oil in your mouth for a minimum of five minutes. Don’t worry – it gets much easier and tasteless after a minute or so. When you’re done, spit out the oil, and then brush your teeth. Organic Concious Coconut Oil is extra-light, chemical-free and cold-pressed, it’s perfect to oil pull and also to use for massaging the body at night allowing relaxation to the deeper layers of the skin.
5. Spend extra time on your face routine. Take some time to cleanse, exfoliate, and apply a moisturizer on your face. This will help your skin and also help you feel extra-clean throughout the day. Acure Beauty has created some incredible skincare ranges such as Skin BRIGHTENING STARTER Pack which includes facial cleanser, night serum the cleansing gel, day cream and facial scrub. The cleansing gel works to gently remove all makeup, dirt and oil through its nutrient-dense formula which is packed full of pomegranate, calendula, lemon and chlorella. Visit their site at www.acure.com.
vpk’s Youthful Skin Cream is perfect for sensitive skin. It is creamy without being greasy. It leaves our skin glowing and promotes collagen synthesis for a natural, youthful look! The creamy moisture formula is vegan and free of gluten, soy, parabens, silicones, mineral oil, petroleum, phthalates, synthetic dyes and perfumes. Another cool thing about this product is that it comes in an airless jar that pumps the cream through the top allowing for a mess free application while the remainder stays germfree keeping the cream fresher for longer.
6. Apply Natural Deodorant. We want to encourage you on your path to natural skin care with Cris’s Blend zero waste, clean, non-toxic deodorant, that really works. Order on their website at www.crissblends.com/. It is the best natural deodorant you will ever try!
- At Cris’s Blends they make sure to use only organic, wild-crafted, and fair trade herbs and oils for your skin and body.
- Aluminum, parabens, and synthetic fragrances free.
- Very effective at keeping the odor away. Gently absorbs wetness, while allowing your body to naturally sweat.
- It goes on smoothly, leaving your underarm dry, powdery feeling, and smelling amazing.
- All of their products are PETA Vegan and Cruelty Free Certified and their packaging is either Zero Waste, glass, or easily recyclable.
7. Use Anact Global Hemp Towels – These are one-of-a-kind hemp-based towels made with 55% hemp 45% organic cotton.
They are quick drying + Ultra absorbent and Sustainable. Anact was built as a movement to inspire you, me and everyone in our community to take simple acts to create impact. One of the ways in which they do that is by making a towel better for all people and the planet and remind ourselves of the power that we have each time we use that towel. To learn more and purchase these towels visit their website at www.anact.com/.
Hope sharing these tips with you was helpful and you find one takeaway that you can use daily and purchase natural products from the companies we have listed. As always follow and share our page with friends and family and visit us on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.